Home > Software > Duplicate Commander 3.0
Duplicate Commander is a freeware application that allows you to find and manage
duplicate files on your PC. Duplicate Commander comes with many features and tools that
allow you to recover your disk space from those duplicates.
Version 3.0 brings many changes and additions to the table!
256 MB of RAM (1 GB recommended)
Pentium II 500 MHz processor
1 MB of hard drive space
.NET Framework 2.0 (automatically installed on Vista and newer)
- Search for duplicates based on filename or actual data
- When searching for duplicates based on filename, you may also factor in file extension, size, or timestamp.
- Duplicates found can be limited to certain file types
- Duplicates found can be limited to a certain file size bracket
- Search locations can be pinned and accessed easily later
- Search results can be saved and re-imported later
- Duplicates can be replaced with hard links or soft links that point to a single copy of the file
- Some operations can be reversed later through undo scripts
- Undo Scripts are script files readable by Duplicate Commander that when executed, reverses some of Duplicate Commander's actions. Actions that can be undone are:
- Moving duplicates to a different folder
- Replacing files with hard links
- Replacing files with soft links
- Files are never deleted permanently
- As a safety precaution, files are always deleted to the Recycle Bin.
- Folders can be excluded from being searched
- Vital OS folders are excluded by default
- This includes your Windows and Program Files folders.
- File types can be excluded from being searched
- Powerful automatic checking functions
- Duplicate Commander can automatically check items for you that match certain criteria, such as
- The smallest or biggest file in the group
- The oldest or newest file in the group
- Files contained in certain folders
- Files of a certain extension
- Files of a certain date range
- Files of a certain size range
- Files that contain a certain string
- Files that cross-reference each other
- Files can be checkmarked that only have duplicates in other certain folders.
- Files with paths that match a regular expression
- Lightweight and portable
- Duplicate Commander is lightweight and comes in both an installed version and a portable version.
- Includes an auto-updater
- Regardless of whether you're using the installed version or the portable version, Duplicate Commander can be updated automatically right from the user interface in no more than 2 clicks.
- Duplicate Commander is freeware for all uses.
- When asked to make hard links, it makes symbolic links instead.
- Duplicate Commander has window sizing problems rendering on high DPI screens.
- A crash has been found that sometimes occurs during the search. This is due to an unhandled PathNameTooLong exception.
- The crash reporting system also has a crash of its own because of an internal malformed URL.
Version 3.1 is in the works. My schedule is hectic, with school and other stuff going on. But I'm working on it as I get time and am able.